It’s where the magic happens. Whether you need a new bed or just some extra storage, here are some clever ideas to turn your bed into the sanctuary it deserves to be.
1. An Intimate Reading Fort
2. Dresser as a Footboard
3. Bookshelves to Frame the Bed
The connecting shelf is a great place to put lights.
4. DIY Porch Swing Bed
5. Bedroom Separated by Curtains
6. DIY Wooden Pallet Bed
There are so many examples of these!
Get the directions for this bed here.
Here, a pallet is used as a headboard.
Get the directions for this DIY toddler bed here.
7. Underbed Drawer as a Dog Bed
8. Bench Beds
9. Bed in a Closet
10. A Rolling Table Console
This bed console, originally from CB2, is sold out, but doesn’t seem too difficult to make yourself.
11. Curtain Rods Attached to the Ceiling to Form a Canopy Bed
12. Bed Risers to Create More Space Under the Bed
$13 for a set of 4.
13. A Platform Bed with Hairpin Legs
14. Hanging Bed
Get the directions here.
15. IKEA Hack Media Storage Bed
This is a bed with a large media drawer created by IKEA Lack shelves.
16. Modular Pieces that Form an L-Shaped Couch or a Double Bed
This is a DIY project created using two foam mattresses that can be reconfigured to be a couch or a bed.
17. Bench at the Foot of the Bed with Storage Underneath or Inside
18. DIY LED Light-Up Headboard
Get the directions here
19. Dresser as Bed Platform
20. Bed in a Drawer
This requires some serious remodeling, but it’s a pretty sweet alternative to a loft bed or murphy bed.
21. Headboard with Shelf Space For Narrow Rooms
If you don’t have space for nightstands on either side of the bed, a shelf headboard to put lamps and books on is probably a smart idea.
22. Cushion Hung as a Headboard
A good cheap solution, especially if you want to conserve space.
23. Bed in a Hammock
24. An L-Shaped Bunk Bed Configuration
25. Trundle Bed for Sleeping or Storage
Get the directions for this trundle bed here.
26. Use a Suitcase as a Small Dog Bed